Investigative & Forensic Accounting Services Based in Washington, D.C.
Forensic Accounting, LLC provides investigative accounting services in legal cases including employee theft, insurance fraud, and more. Many of these cases involve theft from a business, estate, or trust, and we often provide our clients with the evidence needed to recover their losses through various means. We have been brought in to provide expert witness testimony in a variety of civil and criminal cases throughout the United States. With over 40 years of forensic accounting experience, you can count on us to provide timely and reliable services with open communication throughout the process.
Our work typically involves obtaining, reviewing, and analyzing documentation that either supports or refutes a claim. We provide litigation services by supplying financial evidence, as well as reviewing the opposing party’s evidence and assisting in discussions and negotiations. These are some examples of cases we assisted in:
- Testified in a hearing on behalf of Plaintiff relating to a request to appoint a receiver for numerous limited partnerships, which was granted by the court.
- Testified for approximately 30 days in a trial regarding damages and findings regarding alleged fraud and violation of a state civil RICO statute on behalf of Plaintiff. Judge found breach of contract, breach of duty, fraud and violation of civil RICO and awarded approximately $103,000,000 in damages including an award of attorneys and accounting fees. Judge also ordered dissolution of the entity which was a 746 unit apartment project that sold for $135,000,000.
Case History: Fraud & Misuse of Funds
- Have evaluated loss to the victim in several Federal White Color matters and successfully rebutted Government computations of losses by significant amounts.
- Investigated misuse of project funds by General Partner/management agent and testified as to findings. Jury award of approximately $2,000,000, based upon our computations.
- Engaged as an expert to evaluate potential fraud and benefits received in an estate tax case.
- Engaged to investigate a defalcation by a company bookkeeper. Insurance recovered without any litigation.
- Appointed by bankruptcy court to investigate alleged fraud by creditor related to over charges to the debtor for billings. Court adopted my findings.
- Engaged to investigate diversion of client funds by Certified Public Accountant. Criminal referral made at request of client. CPA subsequently pleaded guilty and sentenced to 24 months in Federal Court.
- Consulted and testified for defendants in a criminal fraud and conspiracy case involving a failed savings and loan with multiple subsidiaries and limited partnerships. Defendants were acquitted on all charges.
- Evaluated misuse of apartment complex funds by a management company employee. My report convinced the bonding company to pay $300,000 to the owner. This was accomplished without litigation.
- Engaged as a defense consultant in a criminal insider trading case on various accounting matters. Located impeachment evidence used by attorneys to cross examine a government accounting expert. Defendants were acquitted on all counts.
- Engaged as a defense consultant in a criminal case involving a complex corporate series of companies that included a construction company, various real estate investments and a significant sized golf course.
- Engaged as a consultant in a criminal tax and money laundry investigation.
- Engaged by an insurance company to evaluate potential fraud by one of its agents.
- Engaged by a F.H.A. co-insurer to determine potential misuse of construction loan proceeds.
Request a Free Consultation Today
If you are in need of forensic/investigative accounting services, schedule a free consultation with Forensic Accounting, LLC today. Just call (202) 686-9776 (landline) or (202) 441-7034 (cell), or fill out our contact form below. We serve clients in the Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area including Bethesda, Rockville, Potomac, Silver Spring, Wheaton, Gaithersburg, Towson, Frederick, Baltimore, Hagerstown, Alexandria, Annandale, Fairfax, Richmond, Arlington, Fredericksburg, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, the East Coast and all of the United States.
Get In Touch