Faithful Representation Accounting Service Based in Washington, D.C.
Forensic Accounting, LLC provides faithful representation accounting services and expert witness testimony in a variety of civil cases. We assist with damage computations and rebuttals in cases involving divorce, contract disputes, wrongful termination, landlord-tenant disputes, and more. Our office is based in Washington, D.C. and we serve clients throughout the United States.
In most civil litigation, a plaintiff or plaintiffs sue a defendant or defendants for monetary damages. We assist our clients by calculating financial damages and providing rebuttals when we disagree with the opposing party’s calculations. These computations are often heavily scrutinized, so it’s important to work with an experienced accounting professional. We’ve been hired by plaintiffs and defendants to evaluate damages and testify in court. Here are some examples of cases we assisted with:
- Computed damages on behalf of defendant in the damage trial of a case pursuant to court order. Plaintiff sought $23,000,000 in damages. Court awarded $3,000,000, very close to my computations.
- Engaged to evaluate damages in a wrongful contract termination case in the auto industry. Case settled before trial
Examples of Our Work in Damage Computation & Rebuttal
- Testified in a lawsuit representing the landlord of a large mixed-use real estate complex regarding fraud in lease negotiations of expense stop calculations. Jury found for the landlord.
- Computed damage in counterclaim related to contract dispute. Case settled before trial.
- Computed damages related to errors in architectural plans in a lawsuit brought by a developer of a rehabilitated condominium project. Case settled before trial
- During evaluation of a damage claim in a case relating to a covenant not to compete, discovered information that was helpful in getting the case dismissed.
- Computed damages representing a purchaser of a computer business who relied upon seller-prepared financial statements with misrepresentation. Areas of testimony included accounting errors and resulting damage computation. Arbitrator awarded damages to the purchaser.
- Computed damages in support of lawsuit involving a termination of Management Company by a real estate investment trust. Case settled out of court.
- Damage computation for a developer when a lender failed to fund a committed tax-exempt bond. Case settled before trial.
- Assistance in developing an accounting system to compile costs incurred by D.C. School Board to abate asbestos in connection with litigation against asbestos manufacturers.
- Damage computation in case involving an employee of a real estate developer who was promised a share of profits of condo conversion. Case settled favorably for the plaintiff soon after my deposition.
Start with a Free Initial Consultation to Learn More
Want to learn more about our faithful representation accounting services for damage computations and rebuttals? Request a free consultation today and find out how Forensic Accounting, LLC can help you. Just call (202) 686-9776 (landline) or (202) 441-7034 (cell), or fill out our contact form below.
We serve clients in the Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area including Bethesda, Rockville, Potomac, Silver Spring, Wheaton, Gaithersburg, Towson, Frederick, Baltimore, Hagerstown, Alexandria, Annandale, Fairfax, Richmond, Arlington, Fredericksburg, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, the East Coast and all of the United States.
Get In Touch