Forensic Accounting Firm Based in Washington, D.C.
When you need expert consulting on accounting and financial matters, turn to the professionals at Forensic Accounting, LLC. We are a reputable and experienced forensic accounting firm based in Washington, D.C. Our firm provides support and testimony in a variety of civil and criminal cases that require financial evidence. We have the expertise to explain complex financial matters to courts in order to support our clients’ claims. If you need an expert to provide detailed insight in a financial matter, get in touch with Forensic Accounting, LLC today.
We’ve been hired to explain to courts various types of accounting and financial matters.
- Appointed as Arbitrator in case to determine if company financial statements were in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards related to business acquisition.
- During review of files and damages in accounting malpractice case on behalf of defendant, discovered significant errors in plaintiff’s damage computation. Plaintiff dismissed case.
- Engaged on several HUD regulatory matters and have consulted or testified to findings.
- Engaged as an accounting expert on adequacy of an audit conducted by an accounting firm of a city related to investments in derivatives. Case settled prior to trial.
- Testified at a hearing child care in family law matter. Wife was seeking payments based upon ”income” of $500,000 from a closely held corporation with several complex issues. I testified to $96,000. Judge agreed with my findings.
- Engaged as an accounting expert on proper accounting for acquisition of a business in audited financial statements and what is reasonable due diligence and reasonable reliance for a purchaser of a business. Case settled before trial.
- Engaged as an accounting expert on adequacy of an audit conducted by an accounting firm in connection with a business acquisition. Case settled before trial.
- Testified on the operating history of two different owners of a country club. Areas of testimony included how well each party operated the club and use of related party vendors.
- Consulted in a case related to adequacy of disclosures in tax shelter real estate syndication.
- Testified in a lawsuit involving accounting for purchase price of real estate where setter made contributions to operating deficits. I was able to provide impeachment evidence of an opposing expert which was helpful in settling the case.
- Evaluated solvency and related financial matters of an insurance company in litigation between various state regulators and an insurance company.
- Consulted in a lawsuit representing the Defendants, where Plaintiffs were seeking ownership interest in certain real estate projects. Areas of consulting included sources and applications of project funds and how divisions of financial responsibilities between developers and investors are structured in similar real estate ventures. Case settled during trial.
- Testified before the Joint Subcommittee on Horse Racing of Maryland General Assembly for the owners of Maryland Harness Tracks regarding the negative impact of a proposed increase in betting tax.
- Performed survey related to potential claim against hotel Franchise Company.
- Court testimony of tax effects in a divorce case.
Request Your Free Consultation Today
If you are looking for an accounting firm with unique experience providing expert witness testimony and general consulting in legal matters, contact Forensic Accounting, LLC today. Just call (202) 686-9776 (landline) or (202) 441-7034 (cell), or fill out our contact form below.
We serve clients in the Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area including Bethesda, Rockville, Potomac, Silver Spring, Wheaton, Gaithersburg, Towson, Frederick, Baltimore, Hagerstown, Alexandria, Annandale, Fairfax, Richmond, Arlington, Fredericksburg, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, the East Coast and all of the United States.
Get In Touch